This page contains everything you need to know about visiting our climbing centre and cafe post COVID-19.
It was last updated on 17/09/2020.
In line with Government Guidance and support from the Association of British Climbing Walls we have centred our reopening on 3 key areas - Hygiene, Capacity Management and Social Distancing. Our centre underwent a thorough deep clean and renovation while we were locked down, predominantly to make it easier to keep clean and socially distance within the space. Here are some of the key changes:
- All of our floors are re-painted with non porous surface coverings - where our listed building status has allowed, we have filled gaps in floorboards and ensured all of these high traffic surfaces are easily clean by default.
- We have increased the size of public space available in our cafe, reception area and by adding a new climbing and stretching area.
- We have erected a screen between the gallery cafe seating area and the bouldering wall, so the seating area is easier to keep clean and also protected from airborne particles (chalk or COVID) from the climbing areas.
- We have a comprehensive and more exhaustive cleaning regime now we're re-open.
- We have increased the flow rates on our ventilation system, with airflow in and out from both climbing areas. Reduction of the volume of air in the climbing areas (by screening off the cafe) has further increased the number of air changeovers possible in the climbing areas.
- We have removed high touch-points in the building, including water fountains and designated changing areas.
- Staff areas have been re-organised to improve possibility of social distancing and improve cafe and reception workflow.
- New till system improvements and online membership management options reduce the amount of time required to check in and keep climbers flowing through the reception area.
- sanitisers are available at the entrance to the building and at the entrance to each climbing area
- a system is in place to quarantine hire equipment.
- We are managing capacity with an online booking process and max capacities in the building and each of our climbing areas
Before you come climbing
Before you come climbing, you should Book a climbing slot, there are links to do this at the end of this page, on the info page, and on the home page. You can also download our app to manage your bookings.
If this is your first climb post lockdown, you must also complete our new registration form, which can be done online before you visit the centre, or on an Ipad at reception. Links to register as a climber are available at the end of this page, on the info page and on the home page.
The procedures we have in place mean that we have COVID-19 related screening questions to be asked of our customers ahead of your climbing slot, including:
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
If you have any of these symptoms, however mild, you should stay at home, follow government guidance and reschedule your climbing slot.
If you have not made a booking, you may still be able to climb - but check our capacity tracker to see how busy the centre is. There is a link to the capacity tracker at the bottom of this page, on the info page and on our home page. You can also check current capacities in the app.
During your visit
Please arrive wearing a face covering. You will need to wear a face covering throughout your visit, apart from when climbing or eating or drinking in our cafe seating area. Check in before you climb.
Maintain social distancing throughout your visit. Take particular care in climbing areas to avoid landing areas.
Staff will carry out regular cleaning throughout the premises, particularly at points of frequent contact in line with Covid-19 requirements.
Sanitisers will be on offer at key areas around the wall for you to use. Please use them.
We have reduced capacity and set out key social distance measures for everyone to keep you safe - please follow any direction from the staff and follow the signs in place around the facility.
Government Guidance on all protocols will be followed to keep you as safe as we can - we ask that you take some extra time to familiarise yourself with these and be guided by our hardworking team as we aim to keep each other as safe as we can during this challenging time.
Check out before you leave.
After your visit
Please let us know if you develop symptoms following your visit to the climbing centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to come and use our cafe at any time, before, after or during your booking, or without a booking. We ask you to observe social distancing and check in with us using our contact tracing app (details at reception).